Duderhof heights – a group of hills, located in St. Petersburg. In 1826, Duderhof was gifted to Empress Alexandra Feodorovna by Nicholas I. Two years later on her order, a park was built here and was called Nagorny. After the the Krasnoye Selo-Gatchina railway was built in 1872, the dacha boom began in Dudergof.
Duderhof heights

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain

Voronya mountain has an absolute height of about 147 meters.

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Voronya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Orehovaya mountain

The Orehovaya mountain reaches a height of 176 meters above sea level and is the highest point of St. Petersburg.

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

The height of 174,2m and Worship cross

The mark of 174.2 meters at the top of the Orehovaya Mountain is the highest place on the territory of St. Petersburg.

Orehovaya mountain, Krasnoe Selo

mark of 174.2 meters

Worship cross in memory of defenders of Duderhof Heights.

Worship cross

Worship cross

Swiss cottage on the Orehovaya Mountain

Brick basement of the Swiss cottage on the Orehovaya Mountain. The cottage was built in the second half of the XIX century with the arrangement of the Dudergofsky landscape park. The house was destroyed during the World War II.
Swiss cottage

Swiss cottage

The rill

Not far from the Swiss cottage you can see a rill, surrounded by stones in the form of a grotto.

The rill

Road to the rill

Theatrical Valley

On the western slope of the Orehovaya Mountain is the Theater Valley. Here, near the artificial pond, was the Milk House, one in style with the Swiss cottage. In the Milk house, oil was dropped and treated with milk. In 1885 a theater was built in this place, hence the name of the valley.
Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Theatrical Valley

Administration house

administration house

administration house

The oak tree that has seen a lot

The oak tree that has seen a lot

The oak tree that has seen a lot

Hospital building of the Community of Sisters of Mercy of St. George

The history of the hospital building and more photos you can see here.

Hospital building of the Community of Sisters of Mercy of St. George

Hospital building of the Community of Sisters of Mercy of St. George

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Monument in place of a battery of 9 guns from the battleship “Aurora”.

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

Memorial complex to Sailors from Aurora

This post is also available in Русский.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
11 Jul 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Если у вас есть сайт или блог . Required fields are marked *